Caring for pets since 1996
Nature used to groom cats. Wind blew away fur. Tree trunks pulled off claw sheaths. Rain washed away dirt. Sun dried oily skin. We have to do what nature used to do for cats. De-shed. Remove dirt & excess oil. Trim overly long claws. The basics, farm-style grooming, low-key and non-fancy and calm.
- I don’t use sedation.
- I can try to shave off each mat instead of shaving entire cat, as long as cat doesn’t have a bunch of mats. A “lion cut” is not the only choice.
- If I need to shave your cat due to mats, allergies or other reasons, your cat may not look symmetrical & smooth afterwards. It depends how they react to being shaved & how matted they are. They’ll still be lovable & sweet, even if they’re not smooth:)
- Guilt-free zone. No lectures about food, weight, brushing or anything else.
Cat grooming & Cat sitting & cat boarding
My Training & Education
- Graduate of New York School of Grooming
- Research assistant (mosquito-born disease transmission), University of Illinois Veterinary College
- CUNY scholarship winner for pre-veterinary studies
- house call nurse (injections, fluids, etc.)
- animal shelter manager for progressive shelter in Chapel Hill, N.C.
- internship Bronx Zoo Big Cats Exhibits
- 1,000’s of hours of volunteer work at animal shelters
- meeting coordinator for House Call Groomers Association
Linda Schmoldt (Spiffy Kitty House Call Cat Grooming)
Please share with me your location & the type of grooming you’d like.
Where I travel to care for your cat
Manhattan from 96th street to Battery Park. I do not travel to any other area.
Important Rules for Kitty Spa Day & Kitty Mani-Pedi Day.
I groom for your cat’s health and comfort. I aim for a 1-hour time limit, because for many cats grooming is stressful. Holding tension in one’s body is not good for us or for them. If you’ve ever been really anxious for even a few hours, you know what I mean. The goal is a clean and un-matted cat. Keep it simple.
These rules are for the benefit of your cat, especially if you have a “scaredy-cat”.
- Clean kitchen sink & counter before I arrive
- Chair with a back (folding chair) in case I want to put kitty in my lap
- At least 2 large bath towels per cat for gentle restraint & possibly drying
- Peaceful home. No renovations, vacuuming, or other distractions
- Children, guests & housekeepers stay in another part of the home during grooming
- Doors closed & hiding spaces blocked if kitty may hide
- If kitty will surely hide, kitty placed in a carrier before arrival of groomer
- Owner 6 feet away unless invited to come closer, so kitty can be focus of attention
- Owner has to be home for the first visit
Fees for house call Kitty Spa Day, Kitty Mani-Pedi or “Sanitary trim”
A grooming session ranges generally from $160 to $210, plus sales tax, depending on travel distance, cat’s behavior and coat condition. A claw trim is included in a full groom. The goal of my grooming session is to make the cat feel as comfortable and clean as possible given their age & reaction to grooming. “Humanity over vanity”
“Lion cuts”/shave-downs grooming sessions range from $200 to $300, plus sales tax, depending on how matted or thick the fur is and mostly, depending on how your cat reacts to being shaved.
If you only want a mani-pedi (claw trim) the range is generally from $50 to $80, (plus sales tax), depending on travel distance and cat’s behavior. Other choices — if you want a “sanitary trim” of the rear, the fee ranges from $80 to $100 plus sales tax.
Fees for other services
Cat sitting fee depends on how far I will be traveling to your home.
Cat boarding is one cat at a time, or 2 cats from the same home, living with me for two weeks or less. Email to discuss fees.
Fees can be paid 1) in cash 2) using the app Venmo 3) with a local check that has your name and the current date.