Caring for pets since 1996
See reviews of my 5-star rated service at Yelp.
Nature used to groom cats. Wind blew away shed fur. Tree trunks pulled off claw sheaths. Rain & snow washed away dirt. Sunshine dried oily skin. Cats need help with grooming because they’ve moved inside.
- No sedation. I can shave off each mat instead of shaving entire cat, as long as cat doesn’t have a whole bunch of mats. A “lion cut” is not the only option. Practical grooming for comfort. Also, cat sitting.
Cat grooming & Cat sitting
My Training & Education
- Graduate of New York School of Grooming
- Research assistant (mosquito-born disease transmission), University of Illinois Veterinary College
- CUNY scholarship winner for pre-veterinary studies
- house call nurse (injections, fluids, etc.)
- animal shelter manager for progressive shelter in Chapel Hill, N.C.
- internship Bronx Zoo Big Cats Exhibits
- 1,000’s of hours of volunteer work at animal shelters
- meeting coordinator for House Call Groomers Association
Linda Schmoldt (Spiffy Kitty House Call Cat Grooming)
Please share with me your location and the type of grooming you’d like.
Where I travel to care for your cat
Manhattan from 96th street to Battery Park.
*No travel fee if you’re in my travel area (see above); $50 travel fee to Williamsburg; $100 everywhere else.
Important Rules for Kitty Spa Day & Kitty Mani-Pedi Day.
I do grooming for your cat’s health and comfort. This means that I aim for a one-hour time limit, because for many cats grooming is stressful. Holding tension in one’s body is not good for us or for other animals. If you’ve ever been nervous for an extended period of time, you know what I mean. The goal is a clean and un-matted cat.
These rules are for the benefit of your cat, especially if you have a “scaredy-cat”.
- Clean kitchen sink & counter before I arrive
- Chair with a back (folding chair) in case I want to put kitty in my lap
- At least 2 large bath towels per cat for gentle restraint & possibly drying
- Peaceful home. No renovations, vacuuming, or other distractions
- Children, guests & housekeepers stay in another part of the home during grooming
- Doors closed & hiding spaces blocked if kitty may hide
- If kitty will definitely hide, kitty placed in a carrier before arrival of groomer
- Owner 6 feet away unless invited to come closer, so kitty can be focus of my attention
- Owner has to be home for the first visit
Fees for house call Kitty Spa Day, Kitty Mani-Pedi or “Sanitary trim”
A grooming session ranges generally from $160 to $210, plus sales tax, depending on travel distance, cat’s behavior and coat condition. A claw trim is included in a full groom. The goal of my grooming session is to make the cat feel as comfortable and clean as possible given their age & reaction to grooming. “Humanity over vanity”
“Lion cuts”/shave-downs grooming sessions range from $250 to $300, plus sales tax.
If you only want a mani-pedi (claw trim) the range is generally from $50 to $80, (plus sales tax), depending on travel distance and cat’s behavior. Other choices — if you want a “sanitary trim” of the rear, the fee ranges from $80 to $100 plus sales tax.
*Add $100 travel fee if your residence is outside my travel area.
Cat boarding – I offer boarding for one cat at a time. Your cat lives in my home, but is in a large kennel cage. I have an old cat who doesn’t mind other cats. My cat boarding is a good choice for healthy cats who get along with other cats. Short-term visits of one week or less. Better than boarding at a kennel, but not as good as having someone stay at your home. Useful if you are having work done at your home. $60/day.