Caring for pets since 1996
See my Yelp 5-star reviews.
Nature used to groom cats. Wind blew away fur. Tree trunks pulled off claw sheaths. Rain washed away dirt. Sun dried oily skin. We have to do what nature used to do for cats. De-shed. Remove dirt & excess oil. Trim overly long claws. The basics.
- No sedation. I can shave off each mat instead of shaving entire cat, as long as cat doesn’t have a bunch of mats. A “lion cut” is not the only option!
- Practical grooming for comfort.
- Guilt-free zone. No lectures. I only make suggestions if you ask.
Cat grooming & Cat sitting
My Training & Education
- Graduate of New York School of Grooming
- Research assistant (mosquito-born disease transmission), University of Illinois Veterinary College
- CUNY scholarship winner for pre-veterinary studies
- house call nurse (injections, fluids, etc.)
- animal shelter manager for progressive shelter in Chapel Hill, N.C.
- internship Bronx Zoo Big Cats Exhibits
- 1,000’s of hours of volunteer work at animal shelters
- meeting coordinator for House Call Groomers Association
Linda Schmoldt (Spiffy Kitty House Call Cat Grooming)
Please share with me your location & the type of grooming you’d like.
Where I travel to care for your cat
Manhattan from 96th street to Battery Park.
*No travel fee if you’re in my travel area (see above); $50 travel fee to Williamsburg; $100 everywhere else.
Important Rules for Kitty Spa Day & Kitty Mani-Pedi Day.
I groom for your cat’s health and comfort. I aim for a 1-hour time limit, because for many cats grooming is stressful. Holding tension in one’s body is not good for us or for them. If you’ve ever been really anxious for even a few hours, you know what I mean. The goal is a clean and un-matted cat. Keep it simple.
These rules are for the benefit of your cat, especially if you have a “scaredy-cat”.
- Clean kitchen sink & counter before I arrive
- Chair with a back (folding chair) in case I want to put kitty in my lap
- At least 2 large bath towels per cat for gentle restraint & possibly drying
- Peaceful home. No renovations, vacuuming, or other distractions
- Children, guests & housekeepers stay in another part of the home during grooming
- Doors closed & hiding spaces blocked if kitty may hide
- If kitty will surely hide, kitty placed in a carrier before arrival of groomer
- Owner 6 feet away unless invited to come closer, so kitty can be focus of attention
- Owner has to be home for the first visit
Fees for house call Kitty Spa Day, Kitty Mani-Pedi or “Sanitary trim”
A grooming session ranges generally from $160 to $210, plus sales tax, depending on travel distance, cat’s behavior and coat condition. A claw trim is included in a full groom. The goal of my grooming session is to make the cat feel as comfortable and clean as possible given their age & reaction to grooming. “Humanity over vanity”
“Lion cuts”/shave-downs grooming sessions range from $250 to $300, plus sales tax.
If you only want a mani-pedi (claw trim) the range is generally from $50 to $80, (plus sales tax), depending on travel distance and cat’s behavior. Other choices — if you want a “sanitary trim” of the rear, the fee ranges from $80 to $100 plus sales tax.
*Add $100 travel fee if your residence is outside my travel area.
Cat boarding – I offer boarding in my home for one or two cats from the same family. I only board one family of cats at a time. Like Airbnb for your cat:) Gentle cats only, since I have to be able to handle them in order to take good care of them. $60/day for one cat, $90 for two cats.