To discuss a private house call cat grooming session,
be so kind as to call 347-340-0623 or email email@example.com.
See below for answers to your questions.
I am a feline-only house-call groomer.
Philosophy, attitude . . . . I’m a little different due to my background in animal shelters and veterinary clinics.
I came to this work not from a desire to beautify cats, (which would make me a show groomer), but to do my bit to help them lead healthy, comfortable and safe lives.
I’m trying to do what mother nature would do. In nature, cats run through the woods, roll on the grass, rub their fur on desert sand. Morning dew soothes their skin and rain washes away dead skin. The bark of trees sharpen claws. Pouncing and leaping shortens those claws. Nature does it all. She’s not gentle, of course, because nature challenges us, but she gets the job done . . . perhaps doing a better job than any human can do.
If you don’t have the time, patience or energy to do what nature would do, I would love to be of assistance.
My training, experience, history . . . in other words, why trust me with your precious animal, and do I fit in with your needs?
- interned with “big cats” at the world-famous Wildlife Conservation Society, caring for cheetahs and lions, as well as monkeys, giraffes and red pandas.
- managed busy animal shelter in beautiful Chapel Hill, North Carolina.
- worked as house-call veterinary nurse in Manhattan: injections, drawing blood, giving medications at pet’s home under direction of a skilled veterinarian.
- supervised emergency animal rescue: rabid animal capture, rescue of injured animals, and worked with police on vicious-animal investigations.
- graduated from The New York School of Dog Grooming.
- Barnard College B.A.
- Completed first year of DVM Program at the University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine.
- Studied anatomy and chemistry. I use my education to learn about feline anatomy and to understand feline shampoos.
- Spiffy Kitty is registered with the State of New York. Spiffy Kitty is insured.
How much does it cost? Fees/Cost/Prices for House Call Cat Grooming.
House call cat grooming sessions range from $150 to $200 per hour, with a minimum of $150. Short-haired cats usually require one hour or less. Long-haired cats usually require one to one and a half hours, though an extremely matted cat may take far longer.
Claw trims & Soft Paws Claw Caps fees depend on a few things. We can talk about it.
NY State sales tax is 8.875%. Payment in cash or local check with i.d.
Do you go to my neighborhood? Travel area.
Bounded by 116th street on the west side, 96th street on the east side, extending to Battery Park City.
*For owners living outside this area who would like a visit, I may be able to schedule a grooming session. There is a travel fee starting at $50/hour.
How far in advance should I schedule a visit?
Please email or call at least two weeks in advance if you require an appointment on a specific day. After the first appointment, you don’t need to be home.
Private house call cat grooming, by appointment only.
No carriers, no barking dogs, no waits in cages.